Would you be surprised to know that well-established companies waste many hours on inefficient, costly, error-prone manual processes? Maybe you’ve worked for companies that do things by hand, where they should be done on a computer. Maybe you’re working at one right now.
Each business has a dataflow. They import data in the forms of orders, scheduling, invoices, they export data such as payrolls, purchases, inventory. Everything in between handles the flow of data.
Computers, databases and software systems mange that data as it travels through: a set of business rules change or replicate the data; and a set of workflow stages occur where decisions are made.
As these workflows evolve throughout the life of a business, quick-fixes can be put in place where a software system or modification is required. These manual quick-fixes are often designed as temporary, but can be left in place for many years. They are dataflow gaps and can cause severe issues.
What’s wrong with dataflow gaps?
Whilst useful, and necessary, they are the Achilles heel of a successful business. Problems can include:
- Staff waste hours on repetitive tasks, costing the business money
- Reaction to new information takes time (as things have to be reentered) reducing business opportunity and slowing sales
- Errors can creep in: humans make mistakes
- Data can be lost
How to remedy these inefficient, costly, error-prone dataflow gaps?
software guru can help you. We can create custom software solutions, or make modifications to your existing software systems, whichever’s appropriate. Whatever we do for you, you’ll end up loving – our solutions help you:
- Save wasted hours on repetitive tasks
- Reduce turnaround time for company processes
- Add value to your workflow
- Reduced potential for costly errors
- Add accountability, visibility and controllers
- Feel confident that your vital data is safe
It’s that simple! Book your appointment today. The serve clients across Northern Nova Scotia.